Ballet and Dance
Stamford Twin Rinks is the proud home of the Springdale Ballet and Dance Academy, which continues a tradition of excellence and enjoyment after 17 years. STR houses a fully equipped and mirrored professional dance studio featuring a brand new top-of-the-line dance floor.
For the 2012-13 academic year (September – June), classes are offered on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. They include much-loved, traditional Ballet (Pre-Ballet, Ballet I, and Ballet II) and fun combination Ballet-Tap classes. Due to popular demand, we have added two new classes for the youngest dancers-in-waiting: Twinkle Two’s & Three’s and Creative Movement Three’s & Four’s. Students show off their skills in classes attended by family and friends at the winter holidays and each spring. In the summer, we offer Hip Hop, Ballet, Stretch, and Theater Dance classes.
Springdale Ballet and Dance Academy Sessions:
Caitlin graduated from Mercyhurst College, majoring in Dance with a concentration on choreography. She has studied ballet, modern, tap, jazz, hip hop, and musical theatre. Caitlin has also coached figure skating for almost a decade. She is a former Regional competitor and has passed the Senior Moves in the Field test, Junior Freestyle and Silver Dance Tests. Caitlin teaches figure skating lessons year round in STR's Skating School.
Marie earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from SUNY Purchase, Conservatory of Theatre Arts and Film. She taught second grade at the Dwight School in Manhattan and has taught at Cobble Hill Ballet. She served as the 2008 Arts and Culture Envoy for the U.S. in Kosovo.
Marie hails from France, where she graduated from the Conservatory of Nantes, studying ballet and contemporary dance. She performed with French companies and taught ballet for children. Marie has been in New York since 2007 and had the pleasure to work with choreographers such as Julian Barnet, Yung Lee Chen, Korhan Basaran, Jessica Morgan, and Ofelia Loret de Mola. She also is a member of Isabel Gotzkowsky and Friends company and, most recently, Blackbird Dance Theater. Marie is a certified Pilates instructor and has been teaching in the NYC area since 2008.
- Click here to download a PDF form that you may mail to Stamford Twin Rinks (1063 Hope St., Stamford, CT 06907), fax to us (203-321-1522), or drop off at the rink. Payment in full is required with all registrations. The form includes a:
- description of all classes, days and times offered;
- information on proper attire for each class;
- and a registration form.
- Visit Stamford Twin Rinks to pick-up and submit a form and see our state-of-the-art facility! We are open seven days a week. Forms are available in the outer lobby. Use the pink Springdale Ballet and Dance Academy form for all classes.
- Register on-line by clicking HERE for a drop-down menu of days, times, and levels. STR takes Visa or Mastercard for on-line registrations.
- Under Season, choose a Session.
- (Ex. First session would be “Fall/Win 2012-2013”)
- Under Level, choose your preferred day and class/level.
- (Ex. For a Thursday combination class at the Ballet I level, select “THU Ballet I/Tap Combo 18 wks”)
- Under Sessions, your class time will appear automatically in RED.
- Click Continue. Then Log In or Create a New Account (for first-time on-line customers) to pay and complete the registration process.
Thank you for choosing Springdale Ballet and Dance Academy!